What is involved in reclamation and remediation?
Pre-disturbance Assessments (PDAs)
Before work commences, an inventory of on-site conditions is prepared to establish a base-line and provide targets for reclamation. Inventory items include:
- landscape, slope, aspect
- interest of surface rights holders
Once the downhole abandonment program has been completed, surface reclamation is undertaken to restore the lease according to government regulations. The data gathered are used to design a cost-effective reclamation program including:
- removal of surface equipment and improvements
- spill assessment
- replacement of subsoil and topsoil
- seeding of site with the appropriate species
- site monitoring
- detailed site assessment (DSA)
- Phase I ESA
- Phase II ESA, if required
- application for a reclamation certificate
Why would you need our wellsite planning and reclamation services?
Advance planning during site selection and construction of new wells can lead to considerable time and cost savings during decommissioning and reclamation.
Creative thinking at this stage can result in a more environmentally responsible and visually pleasing installation as well as being cost effective in the long run.
How can EnviroSearch help you?
EnviroSearch can offer expertise in both the planning and technical phases of wellsite development and reclamation.
- By planning for reclamation at the pre-development stage, we can more effectively implement the reclamation process and reduce your costs.
- Our professional staff offers expertise in dealing with all stages of regulatory compliance and can provide all necessary documentation.