EnviroSearch has assisted a number of clients in the preparation and submission of applications for seismic and drilling projects in the Deh Cho (Liard/Nahanni) and the Sahtu/Central Mackenzie Valley) Regions of the Northwest Territories. For planned winter projects, summer assessments are required and applications should be submitted by mid-September.
EnviroSearch’s role has included:
- Preparation of Environmental Protection Plans (EPPs)
- Bathymetry surveys
- Community consultations
- Traditional Environmental Knowledge (TEK) workshops
- Consultations with regulators
- Preparation of Land Use Permits and Water License Applications for the Sahtu Land and Water Board and the Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board
- Training of local environmental monitors
- Contaminated site assessment and remediation
- Compliance monitoring/consulting
With fifteen years of experience, EnviroSearch has developed a strong rapport with local and regional regulators and local communities. We are familiar with logistics and timing issues surrounding the conduct of exploration programs in areas with limited access and extreme climatic conditions.